Water Tanker Shuttle Service Accreditation
The Water Tanker Shuttle Service test is administered by Fire Protection
Survey Services staff. To achieve the accreditation the Fire Department must be
The test site must be within 8km of a fire station and must be at least 5km
from the location where the tankers are reloaded.
- Within 5 minutes of the first apparatus (pumper) arriving on the fire scene
(test site), be flowing a minimum of 200 gallons per minute of water and
- Maintain the flow uninterrupted for two hours
As a result of successfully completing the test, the Township of Selwyn Fire
Department was given the following rating:
- "Water Tanker Shuttle" listing for Residential properties
- "Water Tanker Shuttle" listing for Commercial properties
- We achieved 2295 liters/minute (505 GPM)
Homes within 8km and Commercial properties within 5 km of
any of our fire halls have the opportunity for a reduction in insurance
premiums. Residents must check with their insurance company as some do not
recognize the superior tanker shuttle certification.
Successfully completing the test, regardless of the potential impact on
insurance rates, indicates that the Township of Selwyn Fire Department
demonstrated an ability to effectively transport water to fire scenes throughout
- Bridgenorth F.S. #1 - 833 Ward St.
- Lakefield F.S. #2 - 45 Concession St.
- Young's Point F.S. #3 - 2738 Fitzpatrick Rd.
- Curve Lake F.S. #4 - 1964 Curve Lake Rd.
- Ennismore F.S. #5 - 801 Tara Rd.
Check the www.fpss.ca web site for our
listing under tanker shuttle list.
A copy of the accreditation is available here: Water Tanker Shuttle Accreditation Certificate - Passed July 5,
If you require further information or assistance please contact the fire
Gord Jopling, Fire ChiefTel:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.