Picture this...It’s summer and you are relaxing in the sun at the lake – Nothing tops that off quite like a good cold drink. Aside from the go-to drinks (beer, coolers, lemonade, pop etc.) below are a few drinks, including a couple non-alcoholic options, to try that are easy to make. Best part: They are made with simple ingredients you will likely have in your kitchen.
(Here is the link to these and many other summer drinks: insanelygoodrecipes.com/summer-cocktail-recipes/)
Summer Sunset Cocktail
- Peach Schnapps
- Cold orange juice
-Cold fresh cranberry juice
- Lots of ice cubes
How to make a pitcher of Summer Sunset Cocktails
- Add almost a quarter of the pitcher full of ice into the empty pitcher
- Pour in 1/2 cup vodka
- Add 1/4 cup Peach Schnapps
- Fill the pitcher half full with lemonade and stir
- Mixing is essential as is makes sure the alcohol is evenly distributed and is not just sitting at the bottom
- Fill the rest of the pitcher orange and cranberry juice, about half of each
- Vanilla ice cream
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream
- Vodka, Kahlua, and Baileys Irish Cream will get you tipsy fairly quickly.
- Chocolate syrup and sprinkles aren’t necessary but add ‘em if you’ve got ‘em!
- Start by placing the serving glass in the freezer for a good 20 minutes before you start. This helps keep the cocktail frozen and cold for longer.
- In a blender, add the ice cream, vodka, Irish cream, coffee liqueur, and chocolate syrup. Blend until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Before pouring, you can decorate the walls of the serving glass with chocolate syrup.
- Pour the mixture into the glass
- You can serve it at this point, but you can also freeze it for 5 to 10 minutes to make it extra cold and thick
- For a prettier presentation and added flavor, top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and even more chocolate syrup
Sweet Tea Sangria
- 6 cups sweet tea (iced tea)
- 1 bottle white wine
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Fresh mint, for garnishing (optional)
- Make/buy sweet tea (iced tea)
- Mix it with a bottle of white wine
- Toss in the above fruit or whatever fruit you have
- Let it sit a few hours before enjoying
Dark and Stormy
- Dark Rum (traditionally Goslings Black Seal Rum)
- Ginger beer
How do you get the layers in a Dark and Stormy?
- Pour the ginger beer in the glass
- Top off with the rum
- Make sure to stir before you drink it
-4 cups of vanilla ice cream
-2 cups of lemonade
-2 tbs orange juice (fresh from 1 orange, if you have it)
-I tbs fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- Process all ingredients in a blender on high speed until mixture is completely smooth, about 1 minute
- Serve immediately
*To make things easier, I’ve made suggestions, for the ingredients, with items that you’re more likely to have in your fridge*
- Recipe calls for 1.5 cups of pink lemonade, but I’m sure regular lemonade would be just fine
- 4 cups of white cranberry juice (again, I’m sure red cranberry will work too)
- 4 cups of club soda (ginger ale if that’s what you have)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Stir together lemonade and cranberry juice cocktail in a large pitcher
- Stir in club soda just before serving.
- Garnish (optional)
**Champagne version: Substitute 1 bottle of champagne or sparkling wine and ¼ cup of orange liqueur for club soda
To receive market updates, new listings, tips and tricks and more subscribe to our newsletter!
Team Lead “The Brad Sinclair Team”
Royal Heritage Realty, Brokerage
Visit my website! www.bradsinclair.ca
Call Or Text me 705-927-6236
Find out what you don’t know
**Not intended to solicit buyers or sellers under agency contract**