School Bus Drivers vote to strikeArticle written by Peterborough Examiner
- The drivers voting to go on strike belong to Campeau Bus Lines
- Strike vote was 95.8% of the membership
- Campeau buses transport students on 33 routes throughout the city and county
- Key issues is pay. Drivers want to be pain for their entire driving time not just from their first pick up until their last pick up
- The community will have 72 hours notice before a strike to arrange drop off and pick up for their children to school
Free Fishing on Family DayArticle written by Examiner Staff
- Licence free fishing this Saturday to Monday
- Conservation limits apply
- MNR is encouraging families to enjoy the outdoors by providing the free weekend to promote enjoying the outdoors and to connect with nature
- This weekend is the first of four free fishing events in 2019
- OFAH is hosting a Family Ice Fishing Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at BEL Rotary Park in Ennismore
- Anglers are reminded to stay safe and check ice conditions before heading out onto the ice
- Check out www.ontariofamilyfishing.com for more information
Homecoming IV-Bad Blood Crowley VS McLellan Feb 9/2019
Written by Brad Sinclair
I am not going to write about the results of fights but the experience of the event. Which I will start off saying it was a highly entertaining show.
I was invited to go to the event with a very good friend, Brad Johnston of Neil Johnston Heating 705-742-8769. (Highly recommended heating contractor in Peterborough)
We had tickets on the floor with a very large table that sat 10. Like any other event you entered into the Memorial Center through the front doors. Because we had a table seat on the floor we where issued the paper wrist bands to be able to enter and exit. Walking in and trying to locate the table was fun as there was a ton of tables and level of tables. The closer to the ring the higher the class of table.
The set up was of this event was first class. I was very impressed as soon as I walked in. It was an “event”. I did see a lot of people I knew. The Who’s Who of Peterborough was certainly there. Once we sat down the beer lady quickly served us. She was on the ball. I looked around and every detail of the event was laid out professionally. The tables were covered with cloth and had a glossy magazine of the nights lineup of fights. There was big screens around the floor to catch any replays that you wanted to see. The lighting was truly impressive. It spotlighted the ring and gave a light show for the fighters entrance. I sat beside the fighter entrance and exit runway. That was a neat experience all in itself!
Our table was 3 or so tables back from the ring. Sight lines were just fine, I was able to see perfectly. I looked around at the other tables and the stands. I believe that you would have great sight-lines no matter where you were in the building.
The ring announcer was just as good as UFCs Bruce Buffer. He built up the fight and concluded the fight professionally and with entertainment. The fighters were world class and all put on a show. It is one thing to see on tv someone taking a punch but it is so much more impressive live. If I was hit with some of those shots I would still be sleeping.
I am going to give Cody Crowley and his CCC Promotions a 10 out of 10 on this event. They delivered on all points with this show. Professionalism, entertainment, value and service. When Cody is back with another promotion I highly recommend you checking it out.
Below is a video of the main event entrance and a few seconds of the fight. I just wanted to enjoy the fight instead of taping!
Written for you by:
Your local Realtor®
If you are looking to either Buy or Sell in Selwyn or Peterborough contact me immediately at 705-927-6236
Brad Sinclair, Sales Representative
Royal LePage Frank Real Estate Brokerage
Solving Problems and Making Things Happen in Real Estate since 2007